Sights

Chapel in Korlingen with the picture of the 14 Holy Helpers

A free-standing, two-bayed hall closing on three sides, located in the vicinity of Trier rural type houses "Trierer Zeilen". It is a simple, plastered rubble-stone construction with square ridge turret with a pyramidal pinnacle over the hipped gabled side. Some of the originally wooden round windows above the porch and on the choir wall were replaced by stone jambs around 1900. The door leaf, bearing an inscription of the year of establishment (1769) in decorative nail work, has been preserved. The interior has a vaulted ceiling and ornate furnishings. The altar, originating from Abbey of St Martin, is a finely carved tabernacle altar with a high baldachin construction and voluted crosspieces enlivened with figures of angels. It contains a baroque Virgin Mary, while the old patron saints of the Church, the Roman martyrs John and Paul, can be found on side corbels.

The church, built by the municipality, is an original example of the chapel style popular in the Trier region in the 18th century.

 

Öffnungszeiten: freely accessible

Karte des Ruwertals

Please click on the map to enlarge.

Back to overview