Sights

Gothic church in Gutweiler

A face-brick, slate-rubble construction dominating the village, and constituting its emblem. It is a simple, three-bayed hall divided by buttresses, with a recessed, two-bayed chancel closing on three sides. The neo-Gothic church was designed by architect Lamberty from Trier, and erected in 1895 by master builder Ambré from Waldrach, on the site of the 16th-century predecessor church.

In 1953, architect Gerold Dietrich, of Trier added the striking tower in front of the gabled façade. The actual tower, an asymmetrical construction recessed on one side, rises up from the square ground plan as a cube, and is topped with a gabled roof above the open-arched bell-storey, accentuating a gable turret. The neo-Gothic columned portico has been preserved in the tower’s hall.

Öffnungszeiten: freely accessible

Gothic church in GutweilerKarte des Ruwertals

Please click on the map to enlarge.

Back to overview